Sunways Warranty Terms & Conditions
Ⅰ.Standard Warranty Terms
Warranty period: Ningbo Sunways technologies Co., Ltd. (hereinafter
referred to as Sunways) STS 1~3K, STS 3~6K, STT 4~25K, STT 50~60K, STT 80~125K and STH 4~12K series inverters
come standard with a manufacturer’s warranty of 60 months (5 years)
from the earlier data between the following two dates: 1) first
installation date; 2) 6-month after the shipment dispatch from Sunways
factory. And the accessory products include but not limited to WiFi
module, GPRS module, LAN module, Data logger and CT etc come standard
with a manufacturer’s warranty of 24 months (2 years) under the same
Scope of application: This warranty terms apply to the inverters and accessories which purchased from Sunways.
Geographical scope: The Sunways Limited warranty terms and conditions only apply for the devices which are originally purchased from channels authorized by Sunways unless there are specially stipulated warranty terms and conditions between Sunways and the direct purchaser. For any units sold for one country/region but installed in another country/region, the warranty will become invalid if Sunways does not provide written confirmation/approval prior to the installation.
Extended warranty: Our customers can purchase extended warranty
service from our sales or service team for their inverters within 24
months after the warranty is effective.
Please keep the original purchasing invoice or receipt carefully.
Customers need to present it for warranty claim if required.
Ⅱ. Warranty Policies
1. If the machine fails or does not work due to technical defects or
material problems during the warranty period, please contact our
company either by call at number +86 400-9922-958 or by email at
email@example.com to claim.
According to the Sunways
warranty terms and conditions, if the machine fails, please provide the
following information or documents to us (this information will help the
after-sales team to deal with the machine problem):
1) Inverter model name and serial number.
2) Purchasing receipt or invoice.
3) Solar system configuration information such as panel brand, panel type, panel connection method, grid voltage etc.
4) Inverter fault message (incl. fault code, fault pictures) and other describable information of the fault.
5) Inverter historical fault information (if has).
2. If the machine fails or does not work due to technical defects or
material problems during the warranty period, Sunways will provide the
following supports according to the actual situation:
1) Online support.
2) Return to Sunways for repairing.
3) Repair on-site.
4) Replace the components or inverter (for the inverter which
stopped producing, Sunways will offer you an equivalent inverter as
Note: If the machine is replaced in the warranty
period, the remaining warranty of faulty machine will be automatically
transferred to the new replaced machine. The machine must be packed in
its original packaging or equivalent packing if it’s requested to return
to a designated place.
Ⅲ. Warranty Exceptions
Any circumstances disclosed in the list below are not covered by Sunways warranty terms and conditions:
1) Machine without any Sunways Mark.
2) Machine warranty is expired (unless warranty extension agreements signed between each other).
3) Damages or failures caused by using the components or firmware which are not from Sunways.
4) Damages or failures caused by operation, repair, disassembly or modification which operated by non-authorized person.
5) Damages or failures caused by the operation or using scope beyond
the relevant national standards or industrial standards and any
installations or operations violated Sunways specified installation
6) Deliberately ruin, make indelible mark or steal etc.
7) Damages caused by unpredictable factors or force majeure such as
earthquake, stormy weather, flood, lightening, fire and pests etc.
8) Other not caused by Sunways products quality damages.
9) Damages occurred in transit.
If the above situations happened, and customer requires maintenance
services for failed machine, we can provide paid services after being
judged by the relevant service team, and the specific cost shall be
based on the actual accounting.
Ⅳ. Paid Service
For the machines which are not within the warranty period or are
exempted from warranty, Sunways can provide paid maintenance services
and the expense includes but not limited to one or several of the
1) On-site service expense: engineer travel expense, repairing and commissioning expense etc.
2) Material cost: the cost of the components which used for repairing machine.
3) Freight: the freight of the machine to and from the installation place.
Ⅴ. Other Important Matters
1. The above clauses stipulated the liability all the products we
sold and replaced the other express or implied guarantees, without
written confirmation, Sunways doesn’t assume any liability beyond above
2. In the event that machine fails to operate properly,
the company's liability to the user is limited to repair and replace the
machine in accordance with the above clauses. In addition, there's no
more other responsibilities or obligations.
3. If any clauses in
above are considered to be contrary of the applicable law, we will
implement it in accordance with the law and the other clauses are still
Regarding warranty terms and conditions for the Australian region, please refer to the following document：
Sunways Warranty Terms and Conditions for Australia.pdf